These contemporary Barbican apartments show a keen awareness of their historical importance and a luxurious, modern specification.
Barbican residences share the same eye for detail as the estate’s mid-century apartments- with the concrete reveals and brass panelling of the landings, and in the clean interior lines of polished plaster and timber. This is matched by a cutting edge specification, with innovative, integrated lighting, custom tiling and impeccable finishes giving the apartments a crisp modern aesthetic that is all their own.
Interiors to uphold history
The integrated kitchen units and flowing living spaces within these Barbican apartments are an open, contemporary take on the innovative design of the Barbican’s original apartments.
Utilising the original listed fenestration, bedrooms are orientated to maximise natural light and best highlight the strong geometries intended by Chamberlin, Powell and Bon. Bathroom detailing references the original bespoke fittings of the Barbican, including a sleek, modern alternative to the iconic washbasin designed for the development.
LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE?
Specification In Detail
Existing terrazzo, windows and bush hammered concrete walls have been integrated into self-assured new living spaces. Rooms have been re-orientated to frame striking, structural views, and crisp finishing balances the strength of the tower's architecture. These are Barbican apartment interiors that celebrate and refine their heritage - re-imagining the Barbican for the discerning contemporary Londoner.
- Bathroom / En suites
- Stained oak finish apartment entrance and internal doors
- Satin brass door furniture
- Matt paint finish to the walls
- Exposed concrete feature wall to the hallway (where indicated)
- New aluminium frame double glazed windows, in keeping with the style of the original windows
- Wet underfloor heating throughout with individual room thermostats
- Coat closet fitted with hanging rail, shelf and drawers (where indicated)
- Fitted soft close wardrobe with shelf, hanging rail and drawers to the master bedroom
- Window seat to the master bedroom (only where indicated)
- Built in feature recess above the bed (only where indicated)
- ‘A’ rated appliances throughout
- All apartments are covered by a 10 year building warranty
- Fully fitted contemporary kitchen units with soft close mechanism to doors and drawers
- LED under pelmet lighting to the wall units
- Terrazzo worktop and splash backs
- Terrazzo sink with brass mixer tap
- Instant hot water tap
- Induction hob
- Built in extractor unit
- Integrated appliances including a double oven (2 and 3 beds only), fridge/freezer, dishwasher and microwave
- Feature pendant lighting point either side of the bed in the master bedroom
Bathroom / En suites Specification
- Electric heated towel rail to the bathroom and en-suite
- Brass Crosswater brassware
- Shower enclosure with Terrazzo tiled floor & glass door, to the bathroom and en-suite (only where indicated)
- Full height ceramic wall tiling to the bathroom and en-suite
- Terazzo basin and splashback
- Shaver socket to bathroom and en-suite
- Mirrored cabinet above the basin in the bathroom and en-suite
- 200mm wide engineered oak, UV oil treated, flooring to all areas (except bedrooms and wet areas)
- Carpet to the bedrooms
- Terrazzo tiling to the bathroom and ensuite
- Terrazzo feature tiling in the kitchen (subject to kitchen layout)
- Door entry system with colour audio visual display screen
- Proximity access system to enter the building
- CCTV covering all entrances and exits to the buildings, including bin and cycle storage areas, linked back to the concierge/management suite
- Wired to receive HD television and Sky Plus to the living room and all bedrooms
- All apartments will be wired to receive Fibre Optic broadband (subject to subscription)
- Telephone and data points to living area and all bedrooms
- Mains operated smoke and heat detectors with battery backup
- White downlighters throughout, with dimmer switches to the living room
This development has sold out
2 Fann Street, London, Greater London, EC2Y 8BRGet Directions
Blake Tower consists of contemporary apartments and penthouses, as it boasts some of London’s most recognisable architecture. Discover custom-designed furnishings and hand-finished interiors that have been crafted to the highest Barbican standards.