We’ve looked back at our home buyers’ most popular kitchen choices over the last few months and here are their top six choices for cabinets, worktops and flooring. Which are your favourites?
Top six kitchen cabinets
1. Cranbook Platinum: Taking top spot among our customers, this elegant shaker style kitchen from Symphony has a simple beauty that works well in both a traditional and modern setting.
2. Kensington Breeze: Another shaker style kitchen that captures the country style with a stylish twist; this time it’s Kensington Breeze – an elegant shade of pale grey - by Moores
3. Kensington Haze: It’s another thumbs up for Moores’ Kensington range, this time in Haze, a soft and gentle off-white.
4. Elba White and Brement Silver Oak: This two-tone look combines two different kitchen styles that work effortlessly together. It’s another winner for Moores.
5. Kensington Ivory: The third entry in our top six for the Kensington range and this time it’s soft and creamy Ivory that is winning fans.
6. Woodbury Gloss White: For those who like their kitchens contemporary and super sleek, this Symphony kitchen is the perfect choice. The sleek gloss white finish has the added impact of reflecting light around the room.
Top six kitchen worktops
1. Dark Ash: Durable and easy to clean, this modern looking laminate, available with our Symphony kitchens, is always a popular choice.
2. White Arabesque: This Silestone polished quartz worktop is one of our premium choices and an absolute stunner. Impactful grey veining set against a vivid off-white backdrop mimics the look of natural marble. Extraordinarily hard and resilient, it is as durable as it is beautiful.
3. Tippo White: Back to laminate for our customers’ third most popular choice and this time it’s Moores Kitchens’ Tippo White with its composite material effect.
4. Terrazzo White: Another hard wearing laminate from Moores, flecks of grey create the polished terrazzo effect.
5. Snowy Ibiza: The second Silestone worktop to make our top six, the fine, elegant veining on a luminous white background makes Snowy Ibiza almost indistinguishable from natural marble.
6. Pastel Oak: The subtle woodgrain effect of Symphony’s Pastel Oak makes it a great choice for those who want the durability and easy maintenance of laminate but a more natural look.
Top six kitchen floors
1. Sun Bleached Oak: Amtico Spacia Vinyl with the look of natural wood takes five of our six top places. In first place, the distressed, natural grey of Sun Bleached Oak adds a cool, modern look to any home.
2. Weathered Oak: A close second, the elegant shadowing of Weathered Oak gives a contemporary feel to this traditional rustic oak-effect flooring that’s perfect for large kitchen and dining spaces.
3. White Oak: Those wanting a lighter, brighter look tend to choose the cool graceful tones of White Oak Amtico Spacia. It looks great in smaller kitchens but works well anywhere.
4. Nordic Oak: Natural detailing, with a silver-grey wash and an ultra-refined finish captures the essence of a modern Scandinavian feel.
5. Featured Oak: Authentic grain and neutral oak tones come together in this versatile wood effect Amtico Spacia Vinyl.
6. Plank Tile Chester Acero: Stopping Amtico from having a clean sweep is Porcelanosa with its popular Chester Acero, a beautiful grey porcelain tile with a matt finish and wood effect.
The Designer’s Choice
We also asked Redrow’s Interior Design Manager Alysha Alli for her favourite kitchen combinations. Here are four of her recommendations, which reflect some of our customers’ choices too:
“Symphony’s Urban range is the perfect choice for a modern designer kitchen. A Pebble matte door and Grey Walnut accent looks fabulous with a Dark Ash worktop, especially when teamed with Amtico Nordic Oak floor.
“Meanwhile the Symphony Cranbrook kitchen looks lovely in Stone, even more so when paired with an Eternal Calacatta Gold polished Silestone worktop and complemented by Porcelanosa Chester Acero ceramic plank tiling.
“For a more traditional look, I love Symphony’s New England kitchen in Sage, with a Snowy Ibiza Silestone worktop and Porcelanosa Smart Tanzania natural ceramic floor plank.
“We use the Laura Ashley Kitchen Collection in some of our premium properties and a favourite combination for me is the Laura Ashley Platinum kitchen with Eternal Calacatta gold polished Silestone worktop and Porcelanosa Smart Tanzania Silver ceramic floor plank. It looks absolutely stunning as a combination.”