A record number of Redrow site managers have won prestigious industry awards for quality.
The FTSE 250 housebuilder’s 24 winners are part of an elite group of just 430 site managers to receive Pride in the Job ‘Quality’ Awards from the NHBC (National House Building Council) this year.
Highlighting excellence in the field for 35 years, Pride in the Job is dedicated to recognising site managers who achieve the highest standards in housebuilding. Around 15,000 site managers undergo the judging process in small, medium, large and specialist housebuilder categories.
John Tutte, Redrow’s group chief executive, said: “We’re very proud of all of our winning site managers, and delighted that a record number of them have been recognised.
“It’s a rigorous judging process and only the best in the business receive the ‘Quality’ awards. For us as a company, it provides further evidence that we’re reaching the pinnacle in terms of the quality of our product and our standards of build. It also offers an opportunity to benchmark our achievements against our competitors and we’re delighted to know that we have 24 of the industry’s very best site managers within our ranks.”
Judging for the awards began 12 months ago and includes spot checks of the day-to-day running of sites, plus assessment across 38 areas of site management, including each manager’s technical knowledge, consistency in the build process, leadership and organisational skills.
Winning Redrow site manager Mark Hitchen has a more challenging role than most. He’s overseeing work on the company’s flagship Woodford Garden Village site near Stockport, which will eventually see up to 950 homes built on the historic former Woodford Aerodrome site over the next 10 years.
It’s his first award for Redrow, after starting with the company last year. Prior to that he’d taken a 15 year sabbatical from site management to pursue a career in both the planning and engineering sectors, but the lure of life on site and, in particular, the chance to manage such a high profile site for one of the UK’s leading developers proved too much to resist.
Mark, 42, from Congleton, Cheshire, said: “It’s fantastic to be recognised with this award as we’re all extremely proud of the new development we’re creating here. It’s one of the highest honours a site manager can receive and to win in my first year at Redrow on such a flagship scheme is very special. It’s a team effort and I’d like to thank my assistant site manager Alan Kendrick and trainee site assistant Liam Sergeant for their input as they’ve had a massive part to play in the site’s success.”
The ‘Quality’ Award winners will now have to wait until the autumn to discover if they’ve made it into the top 130 site managers to secure the coveted ‘Seal of Excellence’.
Full list of Redrow’s 2016 NHBC Pride in the Job ‘Quality’ Award winners:
Redrow Homes (Lancashire):
• Simon Nix - The Hedgerows, Clayton le Woods, near Leyland, Lancashire
• Elliot Burns - Dukes Manor, Worsley, Manchester
• Tony Diprose - Harbour Village, Fleetwood, Lancashire
• Martin Caldwell - Ricksby Grange, Wrea Green, Lancashire
• Will Mills - The Pavilion, Poulton-Le-Fylde, Lancashire
Redrow Homes (Midlands):
• Vincent Price - The Willows, East Leake, near Loughborough, Leicestershire
• Dave Dodd – Compton Park, Compton, Wolverhampton, West Midlands
Redrow Homes (North West)
• Mark Hitchen - Woodford Garden Village, Woodford, Cheshire
Redrow Homes (South East):
• Zara Fairman - St. Andrews Park, Halling, Kent
• Ian Day - Highwood Green, Marden , Kent
• Marc Smith - The Lawns (at Preston Hall Park), Aylesford, Kent
Redrow Homes (South Midlands):
• Sergiu Rusu - Cransley Green, Broughton, Northamptonshire
• Alan Cooke - River View, Barton Seagrave, Northamptonshire
Redrow Homes (South Wales):
• John Harris – Monbank, Newport, Gwent
• Jonathan Finch - St Davids Meadow, Colwinston, Cowbridge
• Gareth Griffiths - Manor View, Trelewis, Treharris
• Mark Symmons - Afon Gardens, Bridgend, Mid Glamorgan
Redrow Homes (South West)
• Lorne Clarke - Badbury Park, Swindon, Wiltshire
• Jamie Rogerson - Squares Road, Bridgwater, Somerset
• Andy Baxter - The Heathfields, Taunton, Somerset
• Matthew Crook - Cherhill View, Calne, Wiltshire
• Gary Thomas - Cerney on the Water, South Cerney, near Cirencester, Glos
Redrow Homes (West Country)
• Steve Damerell - Stanbury Meadows, Newton Abbot, Devon
Redrow Homes (Yorkshire)
• Tony Stanley - Hall Croft, Wickersley, near Rotherham, South Yorkshire
For more information about the awards see www.nhbc.co.uk/pij
For details of career opportunities with Redrow see www.redrowcareers.co.uk
Established more than 40 years, Redrow Homes is one of the UK’s leading house builders, with a £1billion turnover and building more than 4,000 homes in 2014/15 financial year.
Operating across England and Wales, there is a strong emphasis on providing high quality homes in prime locations and its housing ranges feature designs to suit all lifestyles:
• The Heritage Collection combines traditional looking, ‘Arts & Crafts’ influenced exteriors with bright, modern, high specification interiors.
• The classically styled Regent Collection features Georgian inspired street scenes and architecture.
• Redrow has also launched a new brand of contemporary homes in Abode, which boast open plan layouts with streamlined kitchen, dining and lounge areas, high specification wet rooms and outdoor living space.
Redrow also creates exclusive bespoke developments in both rural and urban locations. The company has won numerous awards over the years, including, most recently, the Gold Award for Best Large Housebuilder at the What House? Awards 2015 and 2014, Best House Design at the Sunday Times British Home Awards 2015 and the 2014 Building Awards Housebuilder of the Year. Its ‘My Redrow’ online tool won the overall Customer Engagement category at the 2013 Peer Awards for Excellence. Web: www.redrow.co.uk