Redrow expands as housing market confidence returns
Redrow Homes has opened a new Southern Counties division, based in Camberley, Surrey, as it looks to further extend its operations in the south of England.
Covering the counties of Surrey, Hampshire, Berkshire and West Sussex, the division is headed up by managing director John Allan, who is new to the Redrow management team.
John, who joins Redrow following six years developing private housing projects for affordable housing specialist A2Dominion in Greater London and the South East, also brings a wealth of experience from his 20 years with Scottish-based housebuilder CALA Homes. He moved to the south of England with CALA Homes (South) in 1995 as land and planning director and was managing director there between 2001 and 2007.
At Redrow Homes (Southern Counties) John is joined by several new recruits, as well as a number of Redrow employees who have transferred from other areas of the business. The new division currently employs 34 staff from director to apprentice level and will also create many new jobs for subcontractors.
John said: “Launching a new division is a challenge I’ve approached with relish. Redrow is already well established as a builder of high quality family homes across England and Wales. My aim is to continue building the brand in the south of England and ultimately make Southern Counties one of Redrow’s most profitable divisions.
“We launch with four active development outlets in prime locations and hope to double this number within the next financial year. We have already established an excellent team of experienced and talented individuals to oversee the land acquisition, technical, commercial and sales departments. I am confident, with Redrow’s high quality product, kerb appeal and intrinsic commitment to customer service, the business can meet its ambitious growth targets.”
The new division is expected to legally complete around 150 new homes in the current financial year and to grow to an output of 500 units per year within three to five years. Sites currently being acquired and subject to planning will account for more than 800 new homes in total
Redrow’s group managing director John Tutte comments: “Redrow plc has structured growth plans in place, particularly for expansion in the south of the country. With our existing South East and London divisions already well established, focusing on the Home Counties to the west and south of London is a logical progression. John Allan is a strong addition to the team and we will benefit from his experience of developing new operations from a standing start.”
Current Redrow schemes now managed by Redrow (Southern Counties) include:
- Lymington Shores, Lymington - a prestigious waterfront development of apartments and luxurious villas in one of England’s most sought after locations.
- Abbotts Walk, Winchester - a superb development of two to five-bedroom homes from the New Heritage Collection, which combine traditional craftsmanship with interiors designed for modern living.
- Farnborough Central, Farnborough - a large redevelopment project on the historic former site of the Royal Aircraft Establishment. Integrating effortlessly with Farnborough’s illustrious aviation history, this unique development of conversions, new build apartments and townhouses forms an exciting modern community.
- Kensington Place, Bracknell - part of the large Jennett’s Park consortium site, this extremely successful development is one of several Redrow has created at the location.
- Best known for premium quality, family homes, Redrow builds almost 3,000 homes across England and Wales each year and now has a total of ten regional divisions.
For more information see: www.redrow.co.uk / www.redrowplc.co.uk.
Redrow Homes is one of the UK’s leading house builders, operating across England and Wales, with a strong emphasis on high quality family housing in prime locations. Its New Heritage Collection of family homes combines traditional looking, ‘Arts & Crafts’ influenced exteriors with bright, modern, high specification interiors. Established more than 35 years, the company has won numerous awards over the years. Redrow received a 5* Award in the Home Builder Federation (HBF) annual customer satisfaction survey in 2011, 2012 and 2013; collected the Silver award in the Large Housebuilder category of the 2012 What House? awards; and its ‘Share a little bit of joy’ campaign was named best marketing initiative at the 2012 Housebuilder Awards. Web: www.redrow.co.uk.