Redrow Puts Its Heart Into Hartford
Good causes in the village of Hartford, near Northwich, have all benefited from support over the past year from local housebuilder Redrow.After opening the first of its trio of Hartford developments, Hartford Grange, a year ago, the housebuilder launched its Hartford Community Initiative and invited local groups and projects to send their requests for help with funding.
After a fantastic response, Redrow went on to link up with eleven local causes, donating over £5,500 to fund everything from new uniforms and signage to a sensory garden and improved equipment and facilities.
The beneficiaries, and how they have spent the funds, have been:
• Hartford Scouts – refurbishing the scout hut
• Hartford Tennis Club – club house renovation
• Hartford Bowls Club – new flooring
• Greenbank School – sensory garden
• Cheshire and Warrington Carers Trust – new exterior signage
• Hartford Brownies – new hoodies / funding a coach trip
• ROK Tennis Club at Hartford High School – renovations
• Vale Royal Athletic Club – new equipment
• Hartford Football Club Girls Under 9s – new kit
• The Joshua Tree charity – helping to support children and their families affected by cancer
Richard Lamb, Hartford FC’s commercial manager and U11 girls’ team manager, said: “Getting sponsorship is normally quite difficult so the Redrow approach has been a breath of fresh air. The money has provided the kits for both of the girls U9 teams, the Hartford Hawks and the Hartford Harriers.”
Greenbank School, which caters for children with ASD and other special educational needs, applied for funds to complete a sensory garden. School business manager Liam Lewis said: “The appeal to local groups and schools came at a perfect time for us as we’d started the garden but hadn’t been able to stretch the funds to add in all the finishing touches. Redrow generously donated £925 to help us complete the garden and the young people have been enjoying it a great deal already.”
Jason Newton, sales director for Redrow (NW) added: “When we first launched our Hartford developments we were keen to make sure that people realised that we’re not just about building homes, we like to play a part in building communities too. It was important to us to get involved in local projects and we’re thrilled that we could help so many nearby groups.
“Additionally, our popular Christmas event held on the village green raised £500 for the Joshua Tree, a charity we’ve previously supported. There were also many presents donated, both from the local community and from Redrow, to children and families who have been affected by cancer.”
The Hartford Grange development was followed last year by the launch of Weaver Park and Hunters Chase. As a result, there is a range of family homes available. For more information see www.redrow.co.uk/hartford.
Established more than 40 years, Redrow Homes is one of the UK’s leading house builders, with a £1billion turnover and building more than 4,000 homes in 2014/15 financial year.
Operating across England and Wales, there is a strong emphasis on providing high quality homes in prime locations and its housing ranges feature designs to suit all lifestyles:
• The Heritage Collection combines traditional looking, ‘Arts & Crafts’ influenced exteriors with bright, modern, high specification interiors.
• The classically styled Regent Collection features Georgian inspired street scenes and architecture.
• Redrow has also launched a new brand of contemporary homes in Abode, which boast open plan layouts with streamlined kitchen, dining and lounge areas, high specification wet rooms and outdoor living space.
Redrow also creates exclusive bespoke developments in both rural and urban locations. The company has won numerous awards over the years, including, most recently, the Gold Award for Best Large Housebuilder at the What House? Awards 2015 and 2014, Best House Design at the Sunday Times British Home Awards 2015, the 2014 Building Awards Housebuilder of the Year and five consecutive 5* awards in the Home Builder Federation (HBF) annual customer satisfaction survey. Its ‘My Redrow’ online tool won the overall Customer Engagement category at the 2013 Peer Awards for Excellence. Web: www.redrow.co.uk.