At Redrow we understand that buying a new home is probably one of the biggest decisions you’ll ever make. It’s a major financial commitment too. That’s why you need to make the right decision about who to buy from. At Redrow we like to make it as easy as possible for you to buy your dream home. So, as soon as you choose to buy, we’ll provide you with your own dedicated Customer Service Team to guide you through the entire process. They’ll always be on hand to give you the best possible advice and to help take away the stress at every stage.
They’ll give you all the information you could possibly need about your new home, provide regular updates on the progress of your build and keep you fully informed on the legal side of things right from reservation to completion. They’ll even help you to choose the fixtures, fittings and exciting optional extras that make a house a home!
Of course, if you’d rather take more control of matters, you should sign in to My Redrow. It’s a whole new way to buy your home and it’s unique to Redrow. Join up and you can see every location and property we have on offer, choose your favourites and save them to your own list. You can make all your appointments, your reservation, handle the legal details, select your home’s décor and even order all those extra special finishing touches online – all from the comfort of your favourite armchair. You needn’t feel alone though. If you have any questions at all, just pick up the phone. Your Customer Services Team will be ready for your call.
And it doesn’t end there. At Redrow we believe that Customer Service shouldn’t come to an end just because you’ve completed your purchase. We’ll be there for as long as you need us, helping in any way we can. Plus, when you move into your new Redrow home, you’ll be given a personalised ‘Homefile’ full of practical information and handy hints about every aspect of your home. It’ll be useful for years to come and also contains all the numbers to call if you’d like our help with anything.
It’s our unique way of looking after our customers. And it’s another one of those personal touches that makes Redrow that little bit different.
As a premium homebuilding company, we want you to have absolute confidence when buying a new home from us. That’s why we’ve created a list of rules that every Redrow employee is trained to adhere to. We call it the Redrow Customer Charter.
The Redrow Customer Charter
At Redrow, we are committed to delivering a quality service to you, our customer, throughout the whole homebuying process and beyond.
We also comply with the requirements of the Consumer Code for Home Builders ("Consumer Code").
The "Consumer Code" is displayed in our Marketing Suites and available on the USB in the reservation pack issued to you when you begin the process of buying a new home.
As your homebuilder we will:
- Provide you with full details and clear information about your chosen home
- Provide trained and knowledgeable staff to assist you in the buying process
- Be available to answer any questions you may have and will provide you with any relevant contact details
- Assist you during the selection of Standard Choices and Optional Extras for your new home
- Provide you with health and safety advice to minimise the risk of danger during construction and in the use of your new home after you move in
- Provide you with reliable information about the Buildmark Cover, and any other cover from which you may benefit
- Keep you fully informed about the completion and occupation of your new home
- Ensure that the functions and facilities of your home are demonstrated to you prior to moving in
- Inform you about the after-sales service we provide, as set out in the Homebuyer Guide. Our aim is to deal effectively and efficiently with both routine service matters and with any emergencies
Contact points and procedures
If a complaint is made and cannot be resolved by the initial recipient, it will be passed to an appropriate member of the Customer Service team who will follow a standard procedure as outlined below.
This is as follows:
During working hours (8.30 – 17.30 Monday to Thursday and 8.30 - 16.30 on Friday), Customer Services will respond within 24 hours of receiving a complaint in order to;
- a. Acknowledge receipt of the complaint
- b. Gather any further information regarding the complaint
- c. Resolve the complaint where possible
- If the complaint cannot be resolved in the initial response, it will be referred to the Customer Service Manager who will assign the relevant Redrow representative to resolve the issue, or agree a resolution within five working days of the issue being raised.
- The customer will be contacted within two working days of the matter being resolved to ascertain their satisfaction with the resolution.
- If the customer is not happy with the resolution or a resolution cannot be agreed with the Customer Service Manager, the Head of Customer Service will be informed of the matter and attempt to resolve it.
Thereafter, where it has not been possible to come to a satisfactory resolution, the matter will be escalated through the following channels:
- Divisional Managing Director
- Regional Chief Executive
- Should an agreeable solution still not be achievable, the customer will be advised to seek external legal advice. All responses to customer complaints will, where possible, be made by telephone. Failing this, the response will be made via the same medium as it was received.
How does the Consumer Code look after you, the home buyer?
To put it simply, the Consumer Code is the rule book that all Home Builders have to follow and adhere to with their marketing, selling and aftersales care.
The Code is to ensure that home buyers:
- Are treated fairly
- Know what service levels to expect
- Are given reliable information upon which to make their decisions
Download our Consumer Code leaflet detailing the Code Requirements or download a full copy of the 4th Edition Consumer Code Scheme. For any further information on the Consumer Code visit www.consumercode.co.uk.