Where better First Homes cost at least 30% less
With the First Homes scheme, you could step onto the property ladder in a brand new home – that’s a step up from the others – and pay at least 30% less than the market price thanks to this government scheme.
All you’d expect from Redrow. Except the market price.
Just because it’s the first home you own, you shouldn’t have to compromise. It should be in a great location. Be thoughtfully designed. And have modern open-plan living spaces. Just like one of ours. And the First Homes scheme makes it even more affordable to buy one.
Are you eligible for the First Homes scheme?
To qualify, you have to meet certain criteria, including the below.
- You must be a first-time buyer.
- Your household income should not exceed £80K (£90K in London).
- After the discount, the home must cost less than £250K (£420K in London).
- You’ll need a mortgage for at least 50% of the purchase price.
Please be aware, this scheme is only available on selected developments in line with local planning agreements.
Not eligible? Check out some of the other ways we can help you move like Deposit Unlock
How does it work?
Please be aware that this is a new government scheme and the eligibility criteria is determined during the planning stages of a development in discussion with the local authority. As soon as you find a Redrow development that you're interested in and is part of the First Homes scheme, contact one of our team to start the process. Your application will then be sent to the local council to check your eligibility.
Some councils may give priority to essential workers or to those people already living in the local area (the relevant local authority defines the eligibility of buyers and some buyers may be exempt).
What happens if my application is successful?
If your First Homes application is approved, follow these steps:
- Hire a conveyancer.
- Apply for your mortgage.
- Ensure the conveyancer follows local council regulations.
- Complete any legal documents that your local council sends you.
Once you've got a mortgage offer and agreed a contract with Redrow, your conveyancer will ask the local council if you can exchange contracts.
The local council will check the conveyancer's request to make sure it's legal and tell you when they've decided.
What happens if I want to sell my home in the future?
As the First Homes scheme has been designed to help local first time buyers and key workers onto the property ladder the discount on the property will apply to the homes forever meaning that generations of new buyers and the local community will continue to benefit each time the house is sold.
Find your nearest Redrow development
To find out if your are eligible, chat to a member of our sales team at your local development.
HELP TO SELL
Sell, save and move with Help to Sell
Be the first to reserve your new home with Prime Position
Can’t wait to move into your Redrow?
Terms and Conditions
- Legal and financial advice should be sought before entering a contractual commitment to buy a home including using ‘First Homes’ Scheme.
- ‘First Homes’ is a Government backed initiative in partnership with house builders.
- First Homes’ cannot be used in conjunction with any other scheme.
- Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Redrow offer.
- First Homes’ is only available within England. Subject to availability, on selected plots only.