Find your new home
Find your new home
Where would you like to live?

Find your new home

How many bedrooms would you like?

  • One bedroom
  • Two bedroom
  • Three bedroom
  • Four bedroom
  • 5+ bedrooms

What property style are you looking for?

  • Detached
  • Semi-Detached
  • Terraced
  • Apartments
  • Bungalow
  • Town House


40 miles
0 miles
100 miles


Below you’ll find the answers to the questions we get asked the most from people looking to buy a Redrow home.

If you have a question, that you can’t find the answer to, please visit your nearest Redrow development to speak to one of our experts, or browse our guides for more helpful information..

Buying   |   Energy & Sustainability   |   Building & Construction   |   Selling


Am I eligible for the First Homes scheme?


To qualify for the First Homes scheme:

  • You must be a first-time buyer.
  • Household income cannot be more than £80K (£90K in London).
  • You need a mortgage for at least 50% of the property price.
  • After the scheme discount, the property must cost under £250K (£420K in London).

Are there any other benefits to using a mortgage advisor that I might not know about?

Mortgage advisors can help you manage all the costs associated with a new home and mortgage. Since they specialise in new builds and search the entire market, they may also have exclusive deals not available elsewhere.

Can Redrow's preferred mortgage specialists help me with the Government schemes such as Help to Buy?

Yes - with certain government schemes we may advise you to use our solicitors and mortgage advisors, since they have the specialist expertise to provide the best service.

Do any of your preferred panel of solicitors and mortgage specialists work for Redrow

Every member of our preferred panel is independent. The panel works for homebuyers and works with Redrow to make sure the whole process goes smoothly.

Does it cost more to use a Redrow preferred solicitor or new homes mortgage specialist?

No. All specialists have to charge competitive rates. In fact, you might even find a better deal, since the preferred panel receives plenty of work from Redrow customers.

Do I have to use Redrow's preferred panel of solicitors and mortgage specialists?

No - you can choose any solicitor or mortgage specialist. Using a member of our panel just means that we can work together more quickly to speed up the process and fix any issues.

Do I need Employer References for a mortgage

Mortgage lenders may ask for employer references to make sure that all the information you give as part of your application is correct.

How do I sign up for Part Exchange?

Signing up to Part Exchange your current home for a new Redrow one is easy. Simply speak to the sales team at your preferred development and they’ll let you know which homes are available with Part Exchange. Once you find one you like, you can complete and submit the Part Exchange application form.

How will I know the valuation is correct for Part Exchange?

Your current home will be independently valued at least twice so that we can offer you the fairest possible price, based on a presumed sale within 6 weeks. You remain in control at every stage and it’s up to you if you still wish to proceed once you’ve been given an offer for your current home.

If I do Part Exchange, how long do I have to decide once an offer is made?

Following the independent valuations of your existing home, we’ll make you an offer which you’ll need to respond to within two working days. If you do not accept the offer, your Part Exchange application and reservation for your new Redrow home will be cancelled.

What are Additional Enquiries when buying a house?

During the property buying process, your conveyancer or solicitor may raise additional enquiries regarding issues identified in a survey or related to the property title, ensuring all relevant matters are thoroughly addressed before you complete the purchase. These enquiries can pertain to documents that the seller's conveyancer is responsible for providing, including:

  • Draft contracts.
  • Property forms.
  • Home Information Pack (HIP).

What are Joint Tenants?

Joint tenancy involves two parties. In the event of one party's passing, their share is automatically transferred to the surviving party. As a result, the remaining party gains complete ownership of the property.

What criteria do I need to meet to use Part Exchange?

Part Exchange is only available on selected plots and developments and is subject to terms and conditions, details of which you can find at the bottom of this page. Ex-local authority, leasehold and investment properties along with apartments, homes which have listed status or an EPC rating below an E cannot be used.

What is a chain in properties?

In the context of property, a chain refers to a situation where a buyer's ability to purchase a new property depends on the successful sale of their existing home. Read our guide 'Buying within a property chain'.

What is a Freeholder?

A freeholder is a person who has complete ownership of a property or piece of land.

What is a Guarantor?

A guarantor is someone who agrees to make payments on a borrower's debt, should they fail to pay.

What is a Homebuyer Survey?

A Homebuyer Survey ascertains the value of a property and is often carried out as part of a mortgage application.

What is a Land Registry?

In England and Wales, the Land Registry office is responsible for registering properties. In Scotland, this function is fulfilled by Land Registers. To register legal ownership of a property, any applicable fees (such as the Land Registry Fee) are usually paid through your solicitor or conveyancer.

What is a Leasehold?

As a leaseholder, you own a property but not the land it stands on. This will revert to the freeholder at the end of an agreed lease.

What is a Multiple Agency?

This refers to when there may be three or more estate agencies working on a vendor's behalf.

What is an Instruction?

An instruction is what happens when a seller formally tells an estate agent to start marketing their property.

What is a Sale by Tender?

In this process, a property is listed for sale, and interested buyers submit sealed bids by a specified deadline to the estate agent. The seller then evaluates the bids received. Unlike traditional sales where the seller pays a commission fee to the agent, in these transactions, the buyer pays an introduction fee instead.

What is a Sole Agency?

Under Sole Agency, a single estate agent is responsible for selling a property.

What is a Subject to Contract (STC)?

Subject to Contract agreements are provisional and not legally binding.

What is a Tenancy in Common?

This term refers to the co-ownership of a property by two or more parties. In the event of one passing, their share of the property doesn't automatically transfer to other parties. Instead, it becomes part of the deceased party's estate.

What is a Title Deed?

A Title Deed document certifies a property's legal owner.

What is a Title Search?

During a Title Search your solicitors will research a property's ownership history.

What is a Valuation Survey?

The Valuation Survey is the simplest type of survey conducted. If a valuation survey determines that the property is not valued at the requested amount, it could lead a lender to reject a mortgage application.

What is Conveyancing?

Conveyancing refers to the administrative and legal tasks involved in the purchase or sale of a property, and is conducted by a property lawyer, solicitor, or licensed conveyancer. It can include things like usage restrictions, leaseholds, rights of way, access to utilities and more. This process begins once your offer is accepted and concludes when final contracts are signed and funds are transferred.

What is Engrossment?

Engrossment is the final, completed document that your solicitor provides ready for you to sign.

What is Tenure?

Tenure refers to the specific terms under which a property is held - either freehold or leasehold.

When will the valuations be carried out for Part Exchange?

Once you’ve completed your Part Exchange application form, we will then instruct our preferred independent partners to carry out valuations of your current home.

Why is using Redrow's preferred panel of providers faster than using my own?

Our panel works with us regularly, so members are familiar with our ways of working and the intricacies of our homes. Plus, of course, it's in their interest to provide our customers with the best experience.

Energy & Sustainabilty

Are air source heat pumps better for the environment?


Yes, air source heat pumps don't emit carbon and are up to 350% more efficient than traditional heat sources.

Are air source heat pumps noisy?

Actually, air source heat pumps are generally less noisy than a condensing gas boiler's full demand. Most often, the low noise can only be noticed if you are close enough to feel the fan.

Can I register my interest to receive an alert for when Redrow Eco Electric homes are available?

Register for My Redrow and select locations and developments near you. You can get updates and alerts for selected sites. If you see 'Eco Electric', it means homes will be equipped with an air source heat pump.

Do Eco Electric homes cost more?

Eco Electric homes cost more than Eco Now homes. Prices vary based on location and plot type. Register for My Redrow to get alerts and further information on property details.

How does an air source heat pump work?

Air source heat pumps work by blowing outdoor air over tubes containing a refrigerant, which warms and transitions from liquid to a gas. This is then compressed, passed through a heat exchanger, and surrounded by cool water. The heated water is circulated throughout your home via underfloor heating and radiators, providing both heating and hot water.

How does underfloor heating work?

In Redrow Eco Electric homes, we use air source heat pumps for heating and hot water. Outdoor air passes over refrigerant-filled tubes, causing the refrigerant to warm up and turn to gas. After compression, it is surrounded by cool water in a heat exchanger, producing warm water. This water circulates through pipes under the floor, heating the room from the ground up.

How do I know if a Redrow development will have air source heat pumps?

Redrow developments with 'Eco Electric' have air source heat pumps. We'll update our website and My Redrow with updates and availability alerts.

How exactly will my Eco Now home help to reduce water usage?

Redrow Eco Now homes significantly minimise water consumption, thanks to low flow taps that incorporate air during usage (this doesn't affect flow or water pressure). This simple modification allows our homes to improve on standard water usage by an additional 20 litres per person per day.

How often does an air source heat pump need to be serviced?

Air source heat pumps only need to be serviced annually, much like a normal boiler.

Is underfloor heating included in every Redrow home?

Underfloor heating is available as standard across the ground floor of the majority of our Eco Electric homes across upcoming developments. Underfloor heating availability can vary between developments so it is worth speaking with your local sales consultant for more information.

What are the benefits of underfloor heating?

Underfloor heating is exceptionally efficient for heating rooms, particularly the spacious open-plan areas commonly found in Redrow Heritage Collection homes. In addition to offering a comfortable and consistent temperature throughout the space, it means more flexibility in terms of interior design since there's no need for wall-mounted radiators.

What does ‘fabric first’ mean?

Our fabric first approach means we incorporate energy efficiency into the very fabric of the property. This includes things like top insulation, efficient windows, and heating systems. While the average home in the UK is rated 'D' for EPC, our fabric first homes ensure a 'B' rating. This means lower energy costs for Redrow homes.

What if I don’t want to have an air source heat pump and underfloor heating in my new home?

Our Eco Electric homes are specifically designed to work with air source heat pumps. Incorporating the latest insulation technology, these homes provide up to 63% less heat loss compared to 1970s homes. Our detached homes are equipped with underfloor heating to complement the ASHP system, which eliminates the need for radiators and means more space.

What is an air source heat pump?

An air source heat pump is a renewable energy alternative to boilers. Using a pump can help reduce your spend on energy bills.

Heat pumps differ from traditional heating systems as they extract ambient heat from the outdoors and transfer it as renewable energy to warm your home, requiring minimal maintenance and management.

What is an Eco Electric home?

Redrow's Eco Electric homes offer futureproof features - including extra-thick insulation, heated floors and air source heat pumps.

What is an Eco Now home?

Eco Now Redrow homes are fabric first properties, and have A+ gas boilers for energy efficiency, saving homeowners money on their energy bills.

They have a highly efficient design including water-saving showers, efficient appliances and airtight designs.

What is an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC)?

An EPC shows energy usage and energy efficiency for a property.

What is underfloor heating?

Underfloor heating is an alternative method of room heating. Instead of conventional wall-mounted radiators, this system involves embedding heating elements in the floor to heat the room from the ground up. Redrow Eco Electric homes feature "wet" underfloor heating, where pipes circulate warm water beneath the floor.

What optional extras/upgrades are available to make my Redrow home even more energy efficient?

New homeowners can add solar panels to Redrow homes via My Redrow. The team at your chosen development can provide further details.

What will buying an Eco Now home mean for airflow in my home?

Eco Now homes from Redrow have trickle and purge vents and extractor fans across high moisture areas (e.g., kitchens and bathrooms) to promote an efficient and healthier airflow.

Where does the air source heat pump go?

Air source heat pumps are similar in size to a standard air conditioner and are usually placed at the side or back of our homes.

Which areas will underfloor heating cover in my new home?

In eligible Redrow homes, underfloor heating is included across all habitable ground floor areas.

Why does Redrow not provide solar panels as standard?

It is entirely up to you whether you want to add solar panels to your Redrow home or not. You can opt in for PV / solar panels and find out more information via our My Redrow service. We recommend customers consider adding solar panels not only to reduce bills, but to improve the EPC rating of new homes. With our Eco Electric homes, this will mean your new home is zero carbon ready.

Building & Construction

Who are the NHBC?


NHBC, the National House Building Council, is the leading authority on warranties, insurance, and standard setting for new homes. The NHBC conducts 900,000+ site inspections annually, ensuring quality across new homes.

Being registered with the NHBC means that Redrow meets strict technical requirements - like design, building materials and workmanship quality - during the building process.

What does the NHBC cover?

With Redrow new homes, you receive a comprehensive warranty that covers a total of ten years.

This includes:

  • 2-year fixtures and fittings warranty: Redrow covers the first two years of new home ownership and will promptly address and rectify any issues that arise and are covered under the warranty.
  • 10-year structural warranty: In the event of any structural or weatherproofing issues in your new home, this homeowner warranty covers repair expenses.
  • If you decide to sell or rent out your Redrow home while it is still under warranty, the new owners will inherit the same benefits.

What is a Building Survey?

Also called a structural survey, a building survey is a thorough inspection of a property. The survey gives you information on any issues or details you need to know about the building.

What is a Local Authority Search?

As part of the conveyancing process, solicitors perform a local authority search to verify that a property doesn't have any underlying issues or complications with the local authority. This search provides assurance that your property won't encounter any future problems.

What is a National House Building Council Certificate (NHBC)?

The NHBC Certificate guarantees that any new property defects are covered by warranty for a specified period of time (usually ten years).

What is a Structural Survey?

A Structural Survey, carried out by a qualified surveyor, is the most comprehensive and expensive property report.

What is a Surveyor?

A surveyor is a certified professional who assesses the condition of a property.


Are the Help to Sell estate agents employed by Redrow?


Our partner agents are all completely independent and chosen specifically for their expertise.

Can I apply for Help to Sell if my property is already on the market?

Yes, you can still apply for Help to Sell even if your home is already on the market.

Can I apply for Help to Sell on any type of property?

Yes, Help to Sell isn't restricted by property type. It can be used for any home of any value, meaning it's available for everyone from downsizers to those looking to purchase a bigger home.

Do you hold the Redrow home I would like to reserve during Help to Sell?

We cannot reserve or hold properties during this process. However, If anyone shows interest in your preferred plot, we will keep you informed.

How much do Redrow contribute towards estate agent selling fees with Help to Sell?

Redrow's contribution amount varies depending on the new Redrow home you choose to purchase.

How will my property be marketed if I decide to proceed with Help to Sell?

Your home will be posted on major web outlets at the agreed price. To achieve a sale in the quickest possible time, we will agree to any reductions that may be required if your property hasn't sold within a certain amount of time (usually within three weeks).

What happens after Redrow Help to Sell valuations have taken place?

After valuation, we'll receive a report containing other local property prices. Then, you will hear from us or the agent to discuss the recommended selling price and the next steps in the process.

What happens during the Help to Sell valuation visit?

At your valuation, each room in your property will be measured and photographed. These details will be used in marketing should you go through with selling your home.

What happens if I decide to proceed with Redrow Help to Sell?

After agreeing to proceed with Help to Sell, Redrow will instruct the agent who will begin to market your home.

What happens if I sell my property under Help to Sell, but then decide not to buy a Redrow home?

If you change your mind about buying a new Redrow home after selling your existing property, you will be liable for the estate agent fees and costs in full.

What happens if my property has not sold in the agreed Help to Sell timescale?

During regular review sessions, we'll agree on the next steps and any price considerations with you. After 6 weeks, your Help to Sell agreement may be cancelled if the property is unsold.

What if I don’t agree with my Help to Sell valuation?

Help to Sell prices are suggested to achieve a quick sale within six weeks. This is based on our specialist report and research to ensure you can start the process of securing a Redrow home. If the selling price can't be agreed, the Help to Sell process will end without charge or obligation, and you can simply carry on selling your home for a price point you prefer.

What is a vendor?

A vendor is the owner of a property for sale.

What is Help to Sell?

Assisting in the process of buying a new Redrow home, Help to Sell is a service provided to those who already have a property to sell. When you choose to purchase one of our homes, we can help with the arrangement for selling your current property.

What’s the first step in Help to Sell?

After you apply for Help to Sell, we'll arrange an appraisal and valuation report of your property.

Who pays the estate agents selling fees with Help to Sell?

When you apply, we'll let you know how much Redrow will contribute towards fees. If this has been agreed and you sell your property before completing on your new Redrow home, you must pay the full agent fees, and Redrow's agreed contribution will be refunded after completion on your new home.

Who will complete my current property valuation with Help to Sell?

Our team of expert partners will help with your valuation. These estate agents have years of experience in the area and will support you along the way, while working with us to keep us informed on each step of the process.