1. About us
This is the privacy notice of Redrow Homes Ltd, Redrow Plc, and Redrow's group of companies. It applies to all companies within the Redrow group of companies, except where stated otherwise. This notice also applies to you if we process your personal information, excluding our employees (a separate Privacy Notice for Employees is available internally).
The ICO registration number for each company within our group of companies is as follows:
- REDROW HOMES LIMITED - Z2113206
- REDROW PLC - Z5068278
- REDROW REAL ESTATE LIMITED - Z1634659
Companies within our group and their registration numbers may alter from time to time.
Details of all companies within the Redrow group can be found in the latest Annual Report of Redrow plc within the Investments Note at https://investors.redrowplc.co.uk/reports-and-presentations.
Our main trading subsidiaries including Companies House information are as follows:
- Redrow Homes Limited. Registered Number: 01990710
- Redrow Plc. Registered Number: 02877315
A current updated list of the above companies, their company house information and ICO registration numbers are also available upon request.
The phrases "us", "we" or "our" will mean those businesses which are part of Redrow group on behalf of and in respect of whom this Privacy Notice is made.
All data protection matters are managed at Redrow Group head office, St David's Park, Flintshire, CH5 3RX. Inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. What personal information do we collect from or about you when you become a shareholder?
Limited personal data is collected when you become a shareholder of Redrow plc. We may collect personal information about you (such as your name, address, contact details and IP address) when you:
- visit our website.
- contact us by telephone, email, social media, letter, or any other form of communication.
- visit our offices.
- fill in any of our contact or web forms.
- register to receive alerts or updates.
- request information from us.
We will only use your personal information where we have your consent, or we have another lawful reason for using it.
Every shareholder has a legal right to register to attend the Annual General Meeting of Redrow plc therefore we will process your personal information to enable you to exercise this right. Should you authorise a proxy to attend the meeting on your behalf, we will process their personal information to ensure the AGM is conducted in an orderly fashion.
Minutes of the AGM are taken, and questions put to the Board by shareholders are recorded by the Company Secretary or his delegate.
3. What personal information do we collect from or about you when you search our platforms and apps, purchase a home, or make an enquiry?
When you make an enquiry about our homes or services, book an appointment, join "My Redrow", through the Redrow website or the Mobile App, take part in promotions and competitions organized by Redrow, complete a survey or feedback form using our website, or use Redrow's Planning Portals to comment, or participate in surveys conducted by a 3rd party on Redrow's behalf, we will collect and retain information that you have provided to us, which may include:
- your contact details (name, email, phone numbers, address)
- your communication preferences
- the type and price of the Redrow home you are looking for
- the home you currently own (if any) and its sales status
- why and when you want to move
- some demographic information about you including age range, household type, profession
- the source of your enquiry
- any information you provide through a feedback or survey form
- IP address.
We require this information to effectively follow up your enquiry and meet your needs. If you do not provide adequate information, we may not be able to do this.
You do not have to provide any data information to use our website (but see the section below on website tracking and cookies). However, certain sections, or services provided within the website, may not be accessible if you choose not to share any information with us.
If you enquire via a third party (e.g., Rightmove, OnTheMarket or Zoopla), the third-party provider, with your permission, will pass the details you gave them to us in order for us to provide you with further information.
We also collect data from social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter X, Instagram, Pinterest, Tik Tok and YouTube).
As we follow up your enquiry we will process further information, including:
- your ability to purchase, including financial resources, and any assistance you may require.
- notes on conversations and meetings you have had with us.
- any correspondence we send and/or have received from you.
If you consult an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) in furthering your purchase, we will process any information you have agreed they can share with us relating to your mortgage to process your new home purchase. The IFA will also confirm that they have verified your financial documents; however, we do not hold copies of these documents.
If you decide to start the process of purchasing from us by reserving a home, we will process further information on:
- details of your new mortgage (if you require one)
- details about the sale of your current house (if you need to sell it or use our "Help to Sell" or Part Exchange scheme)
- contact details of your solicitor, and estate agent if used.
- information required to support any equity loan scheme (such as Help to Buy)
- the extras you purchase and choices you make on My Redrow (but we do not hold your payment card details)
- the dates on which various activities in the process of purchasing a home occurred.
We will ask that you provide us with any further information which will help us to make our services accessible to you, this may include special category data, e.g., health, medical or other. This information will be collected with your explicit consent, ensuring that you are happy for us to securely store and process this data to allow us to better assist you.
Our conveyancer will send contract documents to your solicitor, respond to their queries, and process any information they or you may provide in furthering the sale to you of your new home, or in acquiring your home if a part exchange agreement has been made, including:
- contract terms, deposit payments
- enquiries and responses
- a marriage or death certificate in some circumstances to prove succession of title
As part of our AML 'anti-money laundering' obligations we are required to check your details with our Identity Services Provider, Experian. This will include checking the Name, Address and Date of Birth details that you supply against Experian data sets. For transparency purposes, a soft footprint will be placed on your Experian file detailing this search, which will only be visible to you.
When you complete the purchase of a Redrow home we will process further information relating to:
- your utility companies and meter readings
- details of any issues with your home that you have reported to us and how they were followed up
- your responses to our customer satisfaction survey, unless you elected to respond anonymously
If you are a tenant given authority to talk to us about issues or a 2nd hand purchaser of a Redrow home which is under warranty we will process information relating to:
- your name and contact details
- details of vulnerabilities within your household
- details of any issues with your home that you have reported to us and how they were followed up
We may, during your relationship with Redrow or the group companies, request additional information from you which is relevant to the provision of specific services.
Any telephone calls either to or from our sales teams may be recorded for training, monitoring, compliance, and security.
Where we engage third party service providers, we contractually require them to securely protect your information, and not to use it for any other purpose. When Redrow engage them to provide products or services (such as remedies of the house issues) or other business services and operations, we provide them with only the personal information they need to perform the service we request.
If you comment, complete a survey questionnaire, or complete a contribution form on any Redrow Public Engagement Portal, we will collect the personal data you choose to share with us. The categories of data we may collect are listed under subheading 2.
By completing a form or questionnaire, we will retain your personal data and information provided for a maximum of 3 years. Any personal information collected will be handled solely by Redrow Group employees and their consultants for the purposes of engagement in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations for community engagement in connection to the specific development proposal only.
4. What do we mean by website tracking and cookies?
What are cookies and tracking technologies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer or device when you visit a website or app. HTML Web Storage is similar to cookies but with a greatly enhanced capacity.
To do a few different things:
- to keep you signed in, even on different device
- to remember information about you, so you don't have to give it to us again. And again.
- to help us understand how people are using our websites, so we can make them better
- to help us personalise your browsing experience by remembering your preferences and settings.
- to link the data recorded from our website cookies to your personal information if you make an enquiry from our website.
- to help deliver targeted advertising to other websites
- to find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful
- to deliver services from 3rd Parties, for example Google Maps
- to store data locally to improve the speed of our websites.
What cookies do you use?
Some cookies are required to make our website function properly and it would not work properly without them. We also use functional, performance and advertising cookies to make your experience more relevant and enjoyable.
Also be aware there are some "third-party cookies" out there from other companies that might track how you use different websites, including ours. For instance, you may receive a social media company's cookie when you use an option to share something. We don't control these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
How long do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so that they're there when you come back.
How do I control my cookies and tracking?
You can choose to restrict or block cookies though your browser settings at any time, for more information on how to do this and cookies in general visit https://www.aboutcookies.org.
Be aware that stopping cookies might mean some of the functions on our website become unavailable or might not work properly for you.
Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
5. Taking part in Redrow's organized promotions and competitions
When taking part in Redrow’s organized promotions and competitions you agree that your personal data is processed by us or the 3rd Party provider which Redrow has contracted or uses to manage, assist and/or promote (in whole or in part) the promotion or competition on our behalf. We also collect data from social media sites (such as Meta, Twitter/X, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and TikTok which hosts the promotions and competitions for Redrow. When using these social media platforms please note that these websites/platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies and/or your use of these websites/platforms. Please check these privacy policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
By engaging in two-way dialogue with us, responding to posts and comments on any social media platforms, you consent to your personal data being processed by Redrow or our subcontractors and/or 3rd Party providers. The personal data may include your name, contact details, images, videos (including images of your dependents) and your comments. By taking part in these events, you grant Redrow permission to use this data. Please refer to the Terms & Conditions of the promotion or competition for further information.
Personal data (name & contact details) of those entering the competition will be retained until judging has taken place, the winner(s) informed and follow up promotional activities have been completed.
6. How do we use your personal information?
We are required to have a legal basis for processing your personal information. These are most commonly:
- to perform or take steps to enter into a contract with you
- to comply with a legal obligation
- where we have your explicit consent, freely given
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, and these are not overridden by your rights and interests
When you make an enquiry, on our platforms we will use the personal information we hold about you to take steps towards entering into a contract with you such as to:
- provide you with the benefit of services for registered users only
- provide Property Alerts to you (which you have set up) for properties marketed on Our Platforms that meet your search criteria
- follow up your enquiry and provide further information you have requested about the Redrow properties you have shown an interest in
- determine which Redrow properties may suit your needs, based on the information you provide
- we will make you aware of new sales releases, offers, events, promotions, and other marketing information based on your consent
- we will use your personal information to tailor our products, understand how you heard about us, improve our website and adapt our marketing channels as we have a legitimate interest to do this
As you progress to reserving a Redrow home we will use your personal information, including passing it to third parties, to take further steps towards entering into a contract with you such as to:
- assist you in the journey of tailoring and purchasing a home from Redrow
- assist you with selling your own home through our Help to Sell or Part Exchange scheme
- help you with the processing of any mortgage or equity loan you may need, including the valuation of the home you are purchasing
- tailor our services to assist with any vulnerabilities you tell us about
We will also use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, for example to:
- establish your identity
- comply with money laundering and fraud legislation
- prove succession of title
And when you have purchased a home from us we will use your personal information to:
- provide after-sales support in performance of our contract with you
- obtain customer feedback on your home and the purchasing process based on our legitimate interests
- inform you about further Redrow developments and news, with your consent
- tailor our services to assist with any vulnerabilities you tell us about
We may use your information to tailor our marketing activity based on your interests and preferences. If you leave feedback on our website, we may use the feedback for marketing and business purposes. As part of your journey with us we may provide you with links to other relevant products and services available from our partners. By making these links available, we are not endorsing third-party websites, their content, products, services, or the owners of these third-party websites. It is your responsibility to make sure that you obtain any information which may be relevant to making a decision, and that you read the privacy and security policy on such third-party websites. These websites include but are not exclusive to Sky UK LTD, NHBC etc.
From time to time, we may outsource our customer research activities to third parties and invite you to take part. Any information or material collected by third party customer researchers about you may be used by us for both marketing and business purposes.
We will not use your information to carry out any automated profiling that could have a legal effect on you.
7. What is our policy on retaining your information?
You may unsubscribe from our marketing activities, and/or state that you are no longer interested in our homes, at any time by using the "unsubscribe" link in each email we send you, by following the optout instructions included in each of our SMSs, via our App or via your My Redrow account or by completing the Change Communication Preferences form at the bottom of the Privacy Notice page and follow the instructions in the email.
If you have enquired about purchasing a home, we will keep all the information you have provided as long as we believe you may be interested in purchasing a Redrow home. We will remove your personal information in the following circumstances:
- if you unsubscribe from ALL our marketing activities AND tell us you no longer want our sales team to contact you about enquiries you have made at our developments. (If you have made enquiries though choose to unsubscribe from marketing, our sales team may still contact you about your enquiry)
- five years after you last gave consent (but we will ask for your consent again first)
- we will close your My Redrow account if you have not used it in five years (unless you have reserved a Redrow home), but we will ask you first if you wish to retain your account
However, we will retain records of your name, postcode, the date of your first enquiry, the history of the consents you have given and our communications (including any email correspondence between you and Redrow concerning your enquiry) for a further period of seven years in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
If you have purchased a home from us, we will retain your personal information relating to the purchase of your Redrow home for ten years from the date of purchase or until your warranty expires. At that point we will also close your My Redrow account but tell you first. However, we will retain limited information, including your name and the details of the home we sold you, indefinitely for our records.
We will generally retain emails for seven years and this may include any sensitive information, financial or otherwise, that you have provided.
We will keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Redrow's Data Compliance Team by email at email@example.com
8. Who do we share your personal information with?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party we pass your personal information to protects and respects your information and complies with the relevant regulations.
We may share your information both within the group of companies and also relevant third-party business partners, both for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, or for other purposes approved by you. For example, we may share some of your personal data with third parties who deliver a service to us, such as Microsoft Azure who administer our customer identity access management solution for My Redrow accounts.
We may pass your contact details and details of the home you would like to purchase to an IFA so they can confirm you are in a position to purchase the home, and, when you are ready, so they can arrange finance (a mortgage) to enable you to purchase the home, but only with your prior agreement.
We will also pass your details and the details of the home you are buying to our own conveyancers, and to your chosen solicitors.
If you are purchasing using a government scheme (e.g. Help to Buy) we will pass necessary details about you to the government agency concerned.
If you opt for our Help to Sell scheme or part-exchange, we may pass your details to an estate agent and solicitor to facilitate the sale of your home.
When you reserve your home we will pass your details to the NHBC or other warranty provider so they can comply with insurance regulations and issue a warranty certificate. We may also pass your details to independent reviewing organizations, for example Trustpilot, based on our legitimate interests. We will pass your details to utility companies before you move in so they may provide you with their services. We will take meter readings on the day you complete the purchase and pass these to the relevant utility company.
To enhance your customer service experience, colleagues may record and send videos to you at various points in your Redrow journey. For example, this may be to highlight the build progress of your new home or to simply confirm an appointment. To provide this service Redrow will pass recorded footage of your property together with your contact details to its 3rd party provider who administers this service through the Movinon App who will then distribute the video directly to you via a hyper-link texted to your mobile number provided during the reservation process.
After you have completed the process of purchasing a home from us we will pass personal information to other parties as necessary to allow them to provide our after-sales support service. This will include subcontractors to fix faults and provide emergency call-out services, and warranty providers for your boiler and any other equipment or fittings under warranty.
We may pass your contact details to third parties to provide feedback from you on your new home and the sales process for our legitimate interests and industry-wide reporting unless you exercise your right to object.
We, Redrow Group may pass your contact details and details of any land or property you wish to develop or sell to other agents so they may carry out investigations, but only with your prior agreement. We will also pass your details and the details of the land or property you are selling to our own conveyancers, and to your chosen solicitors.
When a search for landowners is carried out, we, Redrow Group may collect data from 3rd party sources like Land Registry, Electoral Roles, company/personal websites, social media pages and others; at that point or within a reasonable period of time, the individual Landowner will be provided with all information in accordance with GDPR Art 13.
9. How we keep your personal information secure
We hold and process your personal information entirely within the UK.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and our procedures have been accredited as meeting the UK Government's Cyber Essentials Plus standard. In partnership with our third-party accredited security specialist we undertake biannual testing on our websites and internal systems to determine and resolve any potential threats. We have a dedicated IT security team who monitor our network for vulnerabilities – we are always working to ensure your details are protected.
Access to our website is encrypted. Our servers are housed in secure environments, and we follow strict procedures on accessing personal and other information. We operate professional backup and disaster recovery procedures and test them regularly.
When responding to your request to access information held by us about you, the information will be encrypted and password protected at all costs. When we provide you with a password for your data, we will inform you of the password via a different method from that which we used to send the data. For example, if we send you an encrypted USB stick via post, we will email you the password to ensure high levels of security. We store your personal information on our computer systems and in our paper records. Where paper records are used, Redrow collect and store it in a secure facility with restricted physical access to ensure that personal information is not damaged, destroyed or misused, and to prevent unauthorised access to your information. When we archive or destroy paper documents only accredited archiving services and documents shredding services companies are used which are contractually bound to comply with the Data Protection regulations.
10. Your rights
In accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR), you have the right to access the information we hold about you, to correct it, erase it, ask us to discontinue or restrict processing it, to object to how we are using it, the right to data portability and the right to withdraw any consent previously given.
We will acknowledge your request and let you know what we will need from you to carry out your request. Every effort will be made to respond to or comply with your request as quickly as possible, and we will ensure our systems are updated as soon as is practicable in response to your request.
Not all of these rights are absolute rights and they may be subject to exceptions. Also, it is unlikely that the right to data portability will apply to personal information regarding you that we process. However, the right to withdraw any consent previously provided or to object to direct marketing are absolute rights.
You may see information we hold about you, correct it and change your communications preferences either yourself through your My Redrow account or by contacting the Sales Consultant you have been dealing with. Alternatively, you may write to us providing a) details of the information you wish to see, correct or have removed and b) a means by which we may verify your identity.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
11. Changes to this notice
Occasionally we may update our Privacy Notice therefore please review it from time-to-time. If we make substantial changes, we will inform you directly regarding these changes.
12. Contact Details
You may contact us as the data controller if you have any concerns regarding how we use your personal information at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at: The Data Compliance Team, Redrow Homes Limited, St David's Park, Flintshire, CH5 3RX.
If you still have a concern about how we process your personal information you also have the right to report it to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) – see https://ico.org.uk/concerns.