1. About us
This is the privacy notice of Redrow Homes Ltd, Redrow Plc and Redrow’s group of companies. It applies to all companies within the Redrow group of companies, except where stated otherwise. This notice also applies to you if we process your personal information, excluding our employees (a separate Privacy Notice for Employees is available internally).
The ICO registration number for each company within our group of companies is as follows:
- REDROW HOMES LIMITED - Z2113206
- REDROW PLC - Z5068278
- REDROW REAL ESTATE LIMITED - Z1634659
Companies within our group and their registration numbers may alter from time to time.
Details of the companies involved within Redrow can be found in section 11 C here.
Our main trading subsidiaries including Companies House information are as follows:
- Redrow Homes Limited. Registered Number: 01990710
- Redrow Plc. Registered Number: 02877315
A current updated list of the above companies, their company house information and ICO registration numbers are also available upon request.
The phrases “us”, “we” or “our” will mean those businesses which are part of Redrow group on behalf of and in respect of whom this Privacy Notice is made.
All data protection matters are managed at Redrow Group head office, St David’s Park, Flintshire, CH5 3RX. Inquiries can be sent to email@example.com
2. What personal information do we collect from or about you?
When you make an enquiry about our homes or services, book an appointment, join “My Redrow”, complete a survey or feedback form from our website, or use Redrow's Planning Portals to comment, we will collect and retain information that you have provided to us, including:
- your contact details (name, email, phone numbers, address)
- your communication preferences
- the type and price of the Redrow home you are looking for
- the home you currently own (if any) and its sales status
- why and when you want to move
- some demographic information about you including age range, household type, profession
- the source of your enquiry
- any information you provide through a feedback or survey form
We require this information to effectively follow up your enquiry and meet your needs. If you do not provide adequate information, we may not be able to do this.
You do not have to provide any data information to use our website (but see the section below on website tracking and cookies). However, certain sections of the website, or services provided within the website, may not be accessible if you choose not to share any information with us.
If you enquire via a third party (e.g. Rightmove or Zoopla), the third party provider, with your permission, will pass the details you gave them to us in order for us to provide you with further information.
We also collect data from social media sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube).
As we follow up your enquiry we will process further information, including:
- your ability to purchase, including financial resources, and any assistance you may require
- notes on conversations and meetings you have had with us
- any correspondence we send and/or have received from you
If you consult an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) in furthering your purchase, we will process any information you have agreed they can share with us relating to your mortgage in order to process your new home purchase. The IFA will also confirm that they have verified your financial documents; however we do not hold copies of these documents.
If you decide to start the process of purchasing from us by reserving a home we will process further information on:
- details of your new mortgage (if you require one)
- details about the sale of your current house (if you need to sell it or use our "Help to Sell" or Part Exchange scheme)
- contact details of your solicitor, and estate agent if used
- information required to support any equity loan scheme (such as Help to Buy)
- the extras you purchase and choices you make on My Redrow (but we do not hold your payment card details)
- the dates on which various activities in the process of purchasing a home occurred
Our conveyancer will send contract documents to your solicitor, respond to their queries and process any information they or you may provide in furthering the sale to you of your new home, or in acquiring your home if a part exchange agreement has been made, including:
- contract terms, deposit payments
- enquiries and responses
- certified copies of your passport, driving licence and/or utility bill as required by UK Finance to support money laundering/fraud legislation
- a marriage or death certificate in some circumstances to prove succession of title
- a check on HM Treasury’s Financial Sanction list for evidence of criminal activity
When you complete the purchase of a Redrow home we will process further information relating to:
- your utility companies and meter readings
- details of any issues with your home that you have reported to us and how they were followed up
- your responses to our customer satisfaction survey, unless you elected to respond anonymously
If you are a tenant given authority to talk to us about issues or a 2nd hand purchaser of a Redrow home which is under warranty we will process information relating to:
- your name and contact details
- details of any issues with your home that you have reported to us and how they were followed up
We may, during the course of your relationship with Redrow or the group companies, request additional information from you which is relevant to the provision of specific services.
Any telephone calls either to or from our sales teams may be recorded for training, monitoring, compliance and security.
Where we engage third party service providers, we contractually require them to securely protect your information, and not to use it for any other purpose. When Redrow engage them to provide products or services (such as remedies of the house issues) or other business services and operations, we provide them with only the personal information they need to perform the service we request.
If you decide to comment and complete the survey questionnaire on any Redrow Planning Portal, we will collect a limited amount of your personal data like your IP address. Completion of the questionnaire is made anonymously and the survey results will be passed to local authorities for consideration.
3. What do we mean by website tracking and cookies?
What are cookies and tracking technologies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer or device when you visit a website or app. HTML Web Storage is similar to cookies but with a greatly enhanced capacity.
To do a few different things:
• to keep you signed in, even on different device
• to remember information about you, so you don't have to give it to us again. And again.
• to help us understand how people are using our websites, so we can make them better
• to help us personalise your browsing experience by remembering your preferences and settings.
• to link the data recorded from our website cookies to your personal information if you make an enquiry from our website.
• to help deliver targeted advertising to other websites
• to find out if our emails have been read and if you find them useful
• to deliver services from 3rd Parties, for example Google Maps
• to store data locally to improve the speed of our websites.
What cookies do you use?
Some cookies are required to make our website function properly and it would not work properly without them. We also use functional, performance and advertising cookies to make your experience more relevant and enjoyable.
Also be aware there are some "third-party cookies" out there from other companies that might track how you use different websites, including ours. For instance, you may receive a social media company’s cookie when you use an option to share something. We don't control these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
How long do cookies last?
Some are erased when you close the browser on your website or app. Others stay longer, sometimes forever, and are saved onto your device so that they’re there when you come back.
How do I control my cookies and tracking?
You can choose to restrict or block cookies though your browser settings at any time, for more information on how to do this and cookies in general visit www.aboutcookies.org
Be aware that stopping cookies might mean some of the functions on our website become unavailable, or might not work properly for you.
Another way to control some tracking is in the settings on your device.
4. How do we use your personal information?
We are required to have a legal basis for processing your personal information. These are most commonly:
- to perform or take steps to enter into a contract with you
- to comply with a legal obligation
- where we have your explicit consent, freely given
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and these are not overridden by your rights and interests
When you make an enquiry, we will use the personal information we hold about you to take steps towards entering into a contract with you such as to:
- follow up your enquiry and provide further information you have requested about the Redrow properties you have shown an interest in
- determine which Redrow properties may suit your needs, based on the information you provide
- we will make you aware of new sales releases, offers, events, promotions and other marketing information based on your consent
- we will use your personal information to tailor our products, understand how you heard about us, improve our website and adapt our marketing channels as we have a legitimate interest to do this
As you progress to reserving a Redrow home we will use your personal information, including passing it to third parties, to take further steps towards entering into a contract with you such as to:
- assist you in the journey of tailoring and purchasing a home from Redrow
- assist you with selling your own home through our Help to Sell or Part Exchange scheme
- help you with the processing of any mortgage or equity loan you may need, including the valuation of the home you are purchasing
We will also use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, for example to:
- establish your identity
- comply with money laundering and fraud legislation
- prove succession of title
And when you have purchased a home from us we will use your personal information to:
- provide after-sales support in performance of our contract with you
- obtain customer feedback on your home and the purchasing process based on our legitimate interests
- inform you about further Redrow developments and news, with your consent
We may use your information to tailor our marketing activity based on your interests and preferences. If you leave feedback on our website we may use the feedback for marketing and business purposes. As part of your journey with us we may provide you with links to other relevant products and services available from our partners. By making these links available, we are not endorsing third-party websites, their content, products, services or the owners of these third-party websites. It is your responsibility to make sure that you obtain any information which may be relevant to making a decision, and that you read the privacy and security policy on such third-party websites. These websites include but are not exclusive to Sky UK LTD, NHBC etc.
From time to time, we may outsource our customer research activities to third parties and invite you to take part. Any information or material collected by third party customer researchers about you may be used by us for both marketing and business purposes.
We will not use your information to carry out any automated profiling that could have a legal effect on you.
5. What is our policy on retaining your information?
You may unsubscribe from our marketing activities, and/or state that you are no longer interested in our homes, at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in each email we send you, by following the optout instructions included in each of our SMSs, via your My Redrow account or by completing the Change Communication Preferences form at the bottom of the Privacy Notice page and follow the instructions in the email.
If you have enquired about purchasing a home we will keep all the information you have provided as long as we believe you may be interested in purchasing a Redrow home. We will remove your personal information in the following circumstances:
- if you unsubscribe from ALL our marketing activities, AND tell us you no longer want our sales team to contact you about enquiries you have made at our developments. (If you have made enquiries though choose to unsubscribe from marketing, our sales team may still contact you about your enquiry)
- five years after you last gave consent (but we will ask for your consent again first)
- we will close your My Redrow account if you have not used it in five years (unless you have reserved a Redrow home), but we will ask you first if you wish to retain your account.
However, we will retain records of your name, postcode, the date of your first enquiry, the history of the consents you have given and our communications (including any email correspondence between you and Redrow concerning your enquiry) for a further period of seven years in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
If you have purchased a home from us, we will retain your personal information relating to the purchase of your Redrow home for ten years from the date of purchase or until your warranty expires. At that point we will also close your My Redrow account, but tell you first. However, we will retain limited information, including your name and the details of the home we sold you, indefinitely for our records.
We will generally retain emails for seven years and this may include any sensitive information, financial or otherwise, that you have provided.
We will keep your information for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and to fulfil our legal and regulatory obligations. For further information about how long we will keep your information, please contact the Redrow’s Data Compliance Team by email at DPO@redrow.co.uk
6. Who do we share your personal information with?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party we pass your personal information to protects and respects your information and complies with the relevant regulations.
We may share your information both within the group of companies and also relevant third party business partners, both for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, or for other purposes approved by you.
We may pass your contact details and details of the home you would like to purchase to an IFA so they can confirm you are in a position to purchase the home, and, when you are ready, so they can arrange finance (a mortgage) to enable you to purchase the home, but only with your prior agreement.
We will also pass your details and the details of the home you are buying to our own conveyancers, and to your chosen solicitors.
If you are purchasing using a government scheme (e.g. Help to Buy) we will pass necessary details about you to the government agency concerned.
If you opt for our Help to Sell scheme or part-exchange, we may pass your details to an estate agent and solicitor to facilitate the sale of your home.
When you reserve your home we will pass your details to the NHBC or other warranty provider so they can comply with insurance regulations and issue a warranty certificate. We may also pass your details to independent reviewing organisations, for example Trustpilot, based on our legitimate interests. We will pass your details to utility companies before you move in so they may provide you with their services. We will take meter readings on the day you complete the purchase and pass these to the relevant utility company.
To enhance your customer service experience, colleagues may record and send videos to you at various points in your Redrow journey. For example, this may be to highlight the build progress of your new home or to simply confirm an appointment. To provide this service Redrow will pass recorded footage of your property together with your contact details to its 3rd party provider who administers this service through the Movinon App who will then distribute the video directly to you via a hyper-link texted to your mobile number provided during the reservation process.
After you have completed the process of purchasing a home from us we will pass personal information to other parties as necessary to allow them to provide our after-sales support service. This will include subcontractors to fix faults and provide emergency call-out services, and warranty providers for your boiler and any other equipment or fittings under warranty.
We may pass your contact details to third parties to provide feedback from you on your new home and the sales process for our legitimate interests and industry-wide reporting unless you exercise your right to object.
7. How we keep your personal information secure
We hold and process your personal information entirely within the UK.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and our procedures have been accredited as meeting the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials Plus standard. In partnership with our third party accredited security specialist we undertake biannual testing on our websites and internal systems to determine and resolve any potential threats. We have a dedicated IT security team who monitor our network for vulnerabilities – we are always working to ensure your details are protected.
Access to our website is encrypted. Our servers are housed in secure environments and we follow strict procedures on accessing personal and other information. We operate professional backup and disaster recovery procedures and test them regularly.
When responding to your request to access information held by us about you, the information will be encrypted and password protected at all costs. When we provide you with a password for your data, we will inform you of the password via a different method from that which we used to send the data. For example, if we send you an encrypted USB stick via post, we will email you the password to ensure high levels of security. We store your personal information on our computer systems and in our paper records. Where paper records are used, Redrow collect and store it in a secure facility with restricted physical access to ensure that personal information is not damaged, destroyed or misused, and to prevent unauthorised access to your information. When we archive or destroy paper documents only accredited archiving services and documents shredding services companies are used which are contractually bound to comply with the Data Protection regulations.
8. Your rights
In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018, you have the right to access the information we hold about you, to correct it, erase it, ask us to discontinue or restrict processing it, to object to how we are using it, the right to data portability and the right to withdraw any consent previously given.
We will acknowledge your request and let you know what we will need from you to carry out your request. Every effort will be made to respond to or comply with your request as quickly as possible, and we will ensure our systems are updated as soon as is practicable in response to your request.
Not all of these rights are absolute rights and they may be subject to exceptions. Also it is unlikely that the right to data portability will apply to personal information regarding you that we process. However the right to withdraw any consent previously provided or to object to direct marketing are absolute rights.
You may see information we hold about you, correct it and change your communications preferences either yourself through your My Redrow account or by contacting the Sales Consultant you have been dealing with. Alternatively you may write to us providing a) details of the information you wish to see, correct or have removed and b) a means by which we may verify your identity.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
9. Changes to this notice
Occasionally we may update our Privacy Notice therefore please review it from time-to-time. If we make substantial changes, we will inform you directly regarding these changes.
10. Contact Details
You may contact us as the data controller if you have any concerns regarding how we use your personal information at DPO@redrow.co.uk or by writing to us at: The Data Compliance Team, Redrow Homes Limited, St David’s Park, Flintshire, CH5 3RX.
If you still have a concern about how we process your personal information you also have the right to report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – see https://ico.org.uk/concerns.