Redrow Homes Limited are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice sets out how we, as the data controller, process the personal data we collect from you when you make an enquiry about purchasing our homes.
You may contact us at DPO@redrow.co.uk or by writing to us at Data Protection Office, Redrow Homes Limited, St David’s Park, Flintshire, CH5 3RX.
Redrow Homes Limited is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This notice explains why we collect your personal information and how we use it when you enquire about or purchase our homes.
What personal information do we collect from or about you?
When you make an enquiry about our homes or services, book an appointment or join “My Redrow” or complete a survey or feedback form from our website, or use our Liphook Planning Portal to comment, we will collect and retain information that you have provided to us, including:
- your contact details (name, email, phone numbers, address)
- your communication preferences
- the type and price of the Redrow home you are looking for
- the home you currently own (if any) and its sales status
- why and when you want to move
- some demographic information about you including age range, household type, profession
- the source of your enquiry
- any information you provide through a feedback or survey form
We require this information to effectively follow up your enquiry and meet your needs. If you do not provide adequate information, we may not be able to do this.
You do not have to provide any data information to use our website (but see the section below on website tracking and cookies). However, certain sections of the website, or services provided within the website, may not be accessible if you choose not to share any information with us.
If you enquire via a third party (e.g. Rightmove or Zoopla), the third party provider, with your permission, will pass the details you gave them to us in order for us to provide you with further information.
As we follow up your enquiry we will process further information, including:
- your ability to purchase, including financial resources, and any assistance you may require
- notes on conversations and meetings you have had with us
- any correspondence we send and/or have received from you
If you consult an Independent Financial Advisor (IFA) in furthering your purchase, we will process any information you have agreed they can share with us relating to your mortgage in order to process your new home purchase. The IFA will also confirm that they have verified your financial documents; however we do not hold copies of these documents.
If you decide to start the process of purchasing from us by reserving a home we will process further information on:
- details of your new mortgage (if you require one)
- details about the sale of your current house (if you need to sell it or use our "Help to Sell" or Part Exchange scheme)
- contact details of your solicitor, and estate agent if used
- information required to support any equity loan scheme (such as Help to Buy)
- the extras you purchase and choices you make on My Redrow (but we do not hold your payment card details)
- the dates on which various activities in the process of purchasing a home occurred
Our conveyancer will send contract documents to your solicitor, respond to their queries and process any information they or you may provide in furthering the sale to you of your new home, or in acquiring your home if a part exchange agreement has been made, including:
- contract terms, deposit payments
- enquiries and responses
- certified copies of your passport, driving licence and/or utility bill as required by UK Finance to support money laundering/fraud legislation
- a marriage or death certificate in some circumstances to prove succession of title
- a check on HM Treasury’s Financial Sanction list for evidence of criminal activity
When you complete the purchase of a Redrow home we will process further information relating to:
- your utility companies and meter readings
- details of any issues with your home that you have reported to us and how they were followed up
- your responses to our customer satisfaction survey, unless you elected to respond anonymously
If you decide to comment and complete the survey questionnaire on the Liphook Planning Portal, we will collect a limited amount of your personal data like IP address. Completion of the questionnaire is made anonymously. The survey results will be passed to local authorities for consideration.
What do we mean by website tracking and cookies?
When you visit our website we will place a secure “cookie” in your browser history. A cookie allows us to record your interactions with our website and the device, browser and IP address which you are using.
If you do decide to make an enquiry we will link the data information recorded from the website cookie to your personal information used in your enquiry. You are able to delete the “cookie” from your browser at any time.
We also use HTML web storage to store information locally, such as search results and development locations, to improve the website performance. This too can be deleted by you from your browser at any time.
On occasion, where you have permitted us to, we will send emails to you. Our emails contain tracking codes that allow us to determine whether or not the email was opened and if it was responded to.
How do we use your personal information?
We are required to have a legal basis for processing your personal information. These are most commonly:
- to perform or take steps to enter into a contract with you
- to comply with a legal obligation
- where we have your explicit consent, freely given
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and these are not overridden by your rights and interests
When you make an enquiry, we will use the personal information we hold about you to take steps towards entering into a contract with you such as to:
- follow up your enquiry and provide further information you have requested about the Redrow properties you have shown an interest in
- determine which Redrow properties may suit your needs, based on the information you provide
- we will make you aware of new sales releases, offers, events, promotions and other marketing information based on your consent
- we will use your personal information to tailor our products, understand how you heard about us, improve our website and adapt our marketing channels as we have a legitimate interest to do this
As you progress to reserving a Redrow home we will use your personal information, including passing it to third parties, to take further steps towards entering into a contract with you such as to:
- assist you in the journey of tailoring and purchasing a home from Redrow
- assist you with selling your own home through our Master Move or Part Exchange scheme
- help you with the processing of any mortgage or equity loan you may need, including the valuation of the home you are purchasing
We will also use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, for example to:
- establish your identity
- comply with money laundering and fraud legislation
- prove succession of title
And when you have purchased a home from us we will use your personal information to:
- provide after-sales support in performance of our contract with you
- obtain customer feedback on your home and the purchasing process based on our legitimate interests
- inform you about further Redrow developments and news, with your consent
We may use your information to tailor our marketing activity based on your interests and preferences. If you leave feedback on our website we may use the feedback for marketing and business purposes.
From time to time, we may outsource our customer research activities to third parties and invite you to take part. Any information or material collected by third party customer researchers about you may be used by us for both marketing and business purposes.
We will not use your information to carry out any automated profiling that could have a legal effect on you.
What is our policy on retaining your information?
You may unsubscribe from our marketing activities, and/or state that you are no longer interested in our homes, at any time by using the “unsubscribe” link in each email we send you, via your My Redrow account or complete the Change Communication Preferences form at the bottom of the Privacy Notice page and follow the instructions in the email.
If you have enquired about purchasing a home we will keep all the information you have provided as long as we believe you may be interested in purchasing a Redrow home. We will remove your personal information:
- if you unsubscribe from all our marketing activities, and tell a Sales Consultant you are no longer interested in our homes, or
- 12 months after your last contact with us, and
- two years after you last gave consent (but we will ask for your consent again first).
- We will close your My Redrow account if you have not used it in two years (unless you have reserved a Redrow home), but we will ask you first if you wish to retain your account.
However, we will retain records of your name, postcode, the date of your first enquiry, the history of the consents you have given and our communications (including any email correspondence between you and Redrow concerning your enquiry) for a further period of seven years in accordance with our Data Retention Policy.
If you have purchased a home from us, we will retain your personal information relating to the purchase of your Redrow home for ten years from the date of purchase or until your warranty expires. At that point we will also close your My Redrow account, but tell you first. However, we will retain limited information, including your name and the details of the home we sold you, indefinitely for our records.
We will generally retain emails for seven years and this may include any sensitive information, financial or otherwise, that you have provided.
Who we share your personal information with?
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that any third party we pass your personal information to protects and respects your information and complies with the relevant regulations.
We may pass your contact details and details of the home you would like to purchase to an IFA so they can confirm you are in a position to purchase the home, and, when you are ready, so they can arrange finance (a mortgage) to enable you to purchase the home, but only with your prior agreement.
We will also pass your details and the details of the home you are buying to our own conveyancers, and to your chosen solicitors.
If you are purchasing using a government scheme (eg Help to Buy) we will pass necessary details about you to the government agency concerned.
If you opt for our MasterMove scheme or part-exchange, we may pass your details to an estate agent and solicitor to facilitate the sale of your home.
When you reserve your home we will pass your details to the NHBC or other warranty provider so they can comply with insurance regulations and issue a warranty certificate. We may also pass your details to independent reviewing organisations, for example Trustpilot, based on our legitimate interests. We will pass your details to utility companies before you move in so they may provide you with their services. We will take meter readings on the day you complete the purchase and pass these to the relevant utility company.
After you have completed the process of purchasing a home from us we will pass personal information to other parties as necessary to allow them to provide our after-sales support service. This will include subcontractors to fix faults and provide emergency call-out services, and warranty providers for your boiler and any other equipment or fittings under warranty.
We may pass your contact details to third parties to provide feedback from you on your new home and the sales process for our legitimate interests and industry-wide reporting unless you exercise your right to object.
How we keep your personal information secure?
We hold and process your personal information entirely within the UK.
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and our procedures have been accredited as meeting the UK Government’s Cyber Essentials Plus standard. In partnership with our third party accredited security specialist we undertake biannual testing on our websites and internal systems to determine and resolve any potential threats. We have a dedicated IT security team who monitor our network for vulnerabilities – we are always working to ensure your details are protected.
Access to our website is encrypted. Our servers are housed in secure environments and we follow strict procedures on accessing personal and other information. We operate professional backup and disaster recovery procedures and test them regularly.
In accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) effective from 25th May 2018, you have the right to access the information we hold about you, to correct it, erase it, ask us to discontinue or restrict processing it, to object to how we are using it, the right to data portability and the right to withdraw any consent previously given.
Not all of these rights are absolute rights and they may be subject to exceptions. Also it is unlikely that the right to data portability will apply to personal information regarding you that we process. However the right to withdraw any consent previously provided or to object to direct marketing are absolute rights.
You may see information we hold about you, correct it and change your communications preferences either yourself through your MyRedrow account or by contacting the Sales Consultant you have been dealing with. Alternatively you may write to us providing a) details of the information you wish to see, correct or have removed and b) a means by which we may verify your identity.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
You may contact us as the data controller if you have any concerns regarding how we use your personal information at DPO@redrow.co.uk or by writing to us at: The Office for Data Protection, Redrow Homes Limited, St David’s Park, Flintshire, CH5 3RX.
If you still have a concern about how we process your personal information you also have the right to report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – see https://ico.org.uk/concerns.