Redrow's £10,000 Winter Sports Fund is open!
Calling the next generation of Snowsport super stars…
We’ve opened our first ever Winter Sports Fund, with £10,000 available, to support youngsters keen to try out snow sports this year.
To celebrate our partnership with GB Snowsport, children, and youngsters’ groups and clubs, can apply for a proportion of the fund to help them to take to the slopes at their local indoor snow centre or dry ski slope and try skiing and snowboarding for the first time.
As well as taking to the slopes, winners are also in for the chance to learn from the pro’s themselves by enjoying a training session with a Team GB Snowsports star.
Who can enter
The initiative aims to inspire the nation’s GB Snowsport stars of the future – and is now open for applications from children aged 4-16, with groups, including Brownies and Scouts, also encouraged to enter.
The fund is now open and will close on Monday 7th March 2022.
How to enter
Download the application form here and tell us why you deserve to have snow much fun with a share of the funds. Perhaps you’ve always wanted to try snowboarding, love playing in the frosty outdoors, or were born with a licence to chill – let us know, it would be ice to meet you!
Please return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Monday 7th March 2022.
Terms and conditions apply.
Redrow's £10,000 Winter Sports Fund Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The promoter is Redrow Homes Limited (“the Promoter”). Registered office address: Redrow House, St David’s Park, Flintshire, CH5 3RX.
A reference to Organisation in these Terms and Conditions and in the Competition means an organisation within the following categories:
[school or out of school club]
That provide services to children aged between 4 and 16 which can be either registered or unregistered charities, as well as community groups
1. The title of the competition is the “Redrow’s £10,000.00 Winter Sports Fund” (“the Competition”).
1. The Winners of the Competition will be awarded a sum to be used in the provision of skiing or snowboarding lessons from a prize fund of £10,000.00 (ten thousand pounds). Winners of an awarded sum will be entered into a further competition to win a special training session with a GB Winter Sport Star (“GB Sports Star Training”).
2. By entering the Competition, the entrants, their parents/ legal guardians and Organisation each agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
3. The Competition is open to individuals under the age of 16 with the parent or legal guardians consent and Organisations in the United Kingdom.
4. By entering the Competition, Entrants or their parent/ legal guardians provide consent for the Promoter and/or its agents to announce their name (for publicity purposes) via the Promoter’s social media channels. The Winners and their parent/ legal guardian agree to the use of their name(s) and image(s), including the winning entry in the Promoter’s publicity material.
5. In order to have a chance of winning this Competition you must complete the Competition Entry Form and explain in 250 words (maximum) why you are applying to the winter sport fund and email the Competition Entry Form to email@example.com with the subject line Winter Sports Fund.
6. To be eligible to enter the Competition, entrants must:-
a) Be aged between 4 and 16 and with the signed consent of a parent or legal guardian. (“Individual Entrants”);
b) An Organisation(s) (“Organisation Entrant”).
c) Not have a close connection to those who are, employed by or affiliated with the Promoter, its associated companies, agencies and anyone professionally connected with the Competition.
d) Live in the United Kingdom.
e) In the case of an Organisation Entrant must be registered and based in the United Kingdom
How to Enter
7. The competition will run from 00:01 on Thursday 3rd February 2022 to 7th March 2022 inclusive. All competition entries received after this date will be disqualified.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for difficulties experienced in submitting an entry to this Competition by an Individual Entrant or Organisation Entrant.
9. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete, altered or illegible entries. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, damaged or delayed, technical or telecommunications faults. Proof of submitting is not proof of receipt.
10. Entries are restricted to one entry per person. In the event of multiple entries being received from the same person, only the first entry will be accepted.
11. All entries submitted must be the original work of the entrant and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other competition.
12. The maximum amount that can be requested on the Competition Entry Form is no more than £100 per person in respect of an Individual Entrant and £500 per Organisation, this is to ensure the maximum number of young people benefit from the fund. The Promoter may decide to award more or less than the sum requested and the amount of the awarded sum is at the sole discretion of the Promoter.
13. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters relating to the Competition, and no correspondence shall be entered into regarding its selection of the Winners including the winner of the GB Winter Sport Star session.
14. No purchase necessary and there is no charge for entry into the competition.
15. To enter the Competition Entry Form as provided by the Promoter must be completed and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Winter Sports Fund” in the email sending the Competition Entry form. Only the application will be considered supporting documents will not be considered, so please make sure all relevant information you wish to share is included in the application form. Applications received by any other method, for example in person or by fax will not be eligible and will not considered.
16. Only one entry per Organisation Entrant will be accepted. The Organisation must be the Organisation Entrant. If two or more entries are received from the same Organisation the first entry will only be considered, any entry after the first will be considered ineligible.
17. To enter the Competition Entry Form as provided by the Promoter must be completed and submitted to email@example.com with the subject line of “Winter Sports Fund” in the email sending the Competition Entry form. Only the application will be considered supporting documents will not be considered, so please make sure all relevant information you wish to share is included in the application form. Applications received by any other method, for example in person or by fax will not be eligible and will not considered.
18. The relevant section of the Competition Entry Form must be signed by the Individual Entrant’s parent or legal guardian to confirm their consent to the entry being submitted in order to be considered as a valid entry.
Prize Vouchers for Skiing or Snowboarding Lessons (‘the Vouchers’)
19. The winner will be selected by the Promoter’s in-house judging panel, who will choose their preferred winners based on who they deem to have the best reasoning on why they are applying to the Winter Sports Fund. The Prize amount to be awarded will be paid as a one-off payment to the nominated venue providing the lesson(s) who will issue a voucher to be redeemed by successful the Individual Entrant(s) or Organisational Entrant(s). The awarded prize amount will be paid within a reasonable time period to the venue.
20. Successful Organisation Entrant which are a registered charity will be required to provide their charity number, current bank statement and proof of address. Organisations which are not registered charities and community groups will be required to provide a bank statement and a letter of constitution and a membership affiliation details.
21. Prize Vouchers for Skiing or Snowboarding Lessons are non-transferable, non-assignable and non-negotiable and must be used for the provision of skiing or snowboarding lessons.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to award a different amount to the amount requested in the Competition Entry Form.
23. The prize is non-transferable and cannot be sold, auctioned or raffled. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered unless in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value than the original.
24. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this competition or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
Prize Training session with a GB Winter Sports Star (‘the Training Session’)
25. Winners of Training Session with a GB Winter Sports Star will be selected from the Winner of Vouchers of the Skiing or Snowboard Lessons by the Promoter’s in-house judging panel.
26. The Winners of the Training Session with a GB Winter Sport Star will be decided by the Promoter’s in house judging panel based on who they deem to have given the best reasoning on why they are applying to the Winter Sports Fund.
27. The training session with a GB Winter Sports Star is non-transferable, non-assignable and non-negotiable and must be used for the provision of skiing or snowboarding lessons.
28. The training session with a GB Winter Sports Star is non-transferable and cannot be sold or auctioned or raffled. No cash or other alternative to the prize will be offered unless in the event of unforeseen circumstances, in which case the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize.
29. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this competition or these terms and conditions at any time, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
30. The winner of the training session will be responsible for all costs including but not limited to travel and accommodation associated and directly related to the winner attending the training session. The Promoter, its agent and distributor is not liable for any costs associated or directly related to the provision of the training session with the GB Winter Sports Star.
31. The Promoter will inform the winners of the vouchers within 30 days of the Competition closing date.
32. The Promoter will inform the winner of the training session within 60 days of the Competition closing date.
33. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the Organisation Entrant or Individual Entrant and/or their parent or legal guardian using the details on the Competition Entry Form, if a response has not been received within seven days or if the selected winner is ineligible, otherwise in breach of these terms and conditions, or unable to take up the prize for any other reason, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner using the same process referred to above.
34. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for failed delivery due to the provision of incorrect contact details by the entrant or the inability of the entrant to attend the skiing or snowboard lesson or training session with the GB Winter Sports Star.
35. The winners will receive their voucher within 30 working days once the entrant has been notified and the winner verified.
36. The winner of the training sessions with the GB Winter Sport Star, will be required to liaise with the Promoter regarding a mutual convenient date for the training session with the GB Winter Sports Star.
37. The Promoter reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to verify the winner, including but not limited to, proof of identity and/or age, as required, and to withdraw a prize where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or otherwise where an entrant has gained advantage in participating in the promotion or has won using fraudulent means.
38. The first name of an Individual Entrant winner, the full name of the Organisation Entrant Winner and the full names of the judging panel will be available for three months following the closing date upon application with a self-addressed envelope to Redrow House, St David’s Park, Flintshire, CH5 3RX.
Ownership of competition entries and intellectual property rights
39. All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
40. By submitting a competition entry and any accompanying material, entrants and their parents/ guardians agree to:
a) assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
b) waive all moral rights,
in and to the competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
41. It is the responsibility of the Organisation Entrants and Individual Entrants and / or the Individual Entrants Parent or Legal Guardian depending on age and method of entry to ensure that the entries do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws.
42. Individual Entrants and their Parents/ Legal Guardians and Organisation Entrants agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make entries available on its website and any other media at its discretion, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. Individual Entrants and their Patents/ Legal Guardians and Organisation Entrants agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence competition entries for such purposes.
Limitation of liability
43. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the vouchers or training session with the Gb Winter Sports Star except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
44. For the avoidance of doubt and insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its employees, its agents or distributors or will not be liable to any Entrant whether it be an Individual Entrant, their Parents or an Organisation Entrant for any loss, damage, personal injury whosever occurring at the venue of the skiing or snowboarding lesson or training session with the GB Sports Star, or whilst undertaking the skiing or snowboarding lesson to which the prize amount has been awarded or attending the training session with the GB Sport Star.
45. Redrow is required to and shall comply with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018, the Data Protection Directive (95/46/EC), the Electronic Communications Data Protection Directive (2002/58/EC), the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 (SI 2426/2003) (as amended) and all applicable laws and regulations relating to the processing of the personal data and privacy, including where applicable the guidance and codes of practice issued by the Information Commissioner or any other national data protection authority, and the equivalent of any of the foregoing in any relevant jurisdiction. For the avoidance of doubt Privacy and Data Protection Requirements shall include the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (the GDPR) and any subsequent data protection legislation passed in England and Wales and/or Scotland and/or Northern Ireland in relation to the processing of any personal information obtained throughout this process. The Promoter takes the protection of personal information seriously.
46. By entering this competition, Individual Entrants, their Parents/Legal Guardians and Organisational Entrants will provide personal information to the Promoter, who is the Data Controller. Personal information will be processed by the Promoter in performing the contract entered into by taking part in the competition.
47. Any personal information collected will be used for administrative or operational reasons connected with the promotion only. Personal data and information may also be shared with WPR for PR purposes only.
48. The Promoter will not pass personal data or information to any other external organisation without prior permission from the individual or if under 18, their Parent or Legal Guardian (over the age of 18).
49. If an entry is submitted via an Organisation Entrant the Organisation must ensure that parent/ legal guardian consent is given for anyone under the age of 16 taking part in the competition.
50. The Organisation Entrant must ensure that parent/legal guardian consent is given for the Organisation Entrant’s member’s personal information to be used in any public relations, including photos.
51. If the Organisational Entrant has not had parent/legal guardian consent, then the school must inform the Promoter in writing prior to organising the prize ceremony so that any publicity can be adapted accordingly.
52. The Winner and the winner’s parents/legal guardian may be invited to take part in publicity, unless confirmed that consent is not given.
53. The Competition Entry Forms, thus personal information, will be retained by the Promoter for a maximum of six months from the closing date of the Competition to enable the Promoter to complete administration of the promotion.
54. The Competition Entry Forms cannot be returned and will be confidentially destroyed by the Promoter within 6 months of the closing date of the Competition.
56. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter.
57. The Competition will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the Competition.
58. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
59. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.